This is the neck from a guitar that I've been working on for a while. It's a rebuild, but it was in particularly bad shape from the start. The body has already had a couple of large pieces grafted onto the back and been refinished. Now I'm in the process of refinishing the neck so that it blends more nicely with the refinished body. The lighter brown areas on the picture above are wood filler. I was filling all of the little ding and nicks and scratches so that the new finish that I put on the neck will be nice and smooth. Smooth necks are much nicer to play than neck with chips in them. Below is a picture after the excess filler has been sanded away and some dark brown stain has been added.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to leave some feedback; I'd love to hear your thoughts, critiques, or encouragement. Just remember that this is a family friendly blog. I really don't want to have to moderate the comment section, so just be respectful to everyone here.
Thanks,
Steven