26 January 2015

26 Jan 2015 - Vantage Flying V


Today is the first instrument day of the What's On The Bench blog! I spent most of the day cleaning up and organizing my bench now that I've finished my first two Harmony conversions. I still have a lot of organizing to do, but today I just wanted to move everything such that I can always have a clean space at the end of the day. I'd love to leave the shop each day with nothing but my shot bag and maybe an instrument on my felt pad. After today, I'm headed in that direction.

Today's guitar is a well-used Vantage flying V style guitar. It's in for a full set up. Like I mentioned, I spent most of the day organizing my space. As a result, I only got the neck of this guitar done today, but the body should go quickly tomorrow as long as there are no nasty surprises waiting for me underneath the pickguard.

The picture that you see is the guitar before I started. Going forward, I'll also start including a picture of my bench at the end of the day (as long as there's something on it). I'll also post before and after pictures of any instruments or jobs that I completely finish during the day.

Here's to tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave some feedback; I'd love to hear your thoughts, critiques, or encouragement. Just remember that this is a family friendly blog. I really don't want to have to moderate the comment section, so just be respectful to everyone here.

Thanks,
Steven